We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to safely deliver technical support across maintenance, operations and project areas. Accountable for embedding processes and systems, to risk manage current and optimize future assets.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Chief Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for;
- Developing the electrical safety standards for the site.
- Practicing good risk management discipline for all tasks.
- Planning relevant safety requirements into all activities, tasks and projects based on assessed hazards, identified critical risks and mitigating actions.
- Supporting the surface and underground maintenance and operations teams, and developing electrical maintenance strategy for the site.
- Implementing major maintenance activities on critical electrical assets (including transformers, switchgear, substation, relays, motors and drives).
- Providing technical support to the projects studies teams.
- Engagement and performance management of contractors and suppliers.
- Execution of projects, through complete lifecycle.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, with at least 8 years of experience.
- Experience with fixed plant heavy industry or mining equipment.
- Detailed technical knowledge of hoisting, instrumentation, and power systems.
- Experience with EPCMs and project management (design reviews, managing consultant engineers and owners team management) and operational readiness processes.
- Broad knowledge of electrical standards associated with mining.
- Experience in maintenance and operation of electrical plant.
- Practical experience in commissioning and fault finding.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org