Solar EPC and O&M
Rapidly growing DG and solar utility EPC/O&M is actively recruiting 2 contract OR contract to hire Commissioning Engineers to join the team! This team is backed by two major, well-funded manufacturers of solar equipment to grow a solar EPC team with specialized battery technology that provides them a unique advantage from other solar utility EPCs. They work closely with their customers by providing advisory services, financing, and project lifecycle services, and they have built a 2-year portfolio for future projects of DG (2MW-5MW projects primarily in the northeast of the US) and utility scale solar projects (100 MW and 300 MW located in Northern and Southern CA).
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Commissioning Engineer will drive energy storage project commissioning by working onsite of project being built and to support project delivery. The Energy Storage Commissioning Engineer will:
- Commission projects working in cooperation with multiple project stakeholders including construction managers, contractors, suppliers, automation teams, control systems teams, etc.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans including resourcing and scheduling.
- Lead commissioning effort to achieve commercial operations, and handover from delivery/construction team to the O&M team for each project.
- Define, develop and execute testing protocols based on market rules, local utility requirements, off-taker and third-party supply contracts.
- Oversee complete commissioning and acceptance testing of the following systems: 1) project networks, communications, and control systems; 2) balance of plant relay protection, metering, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical systems; 3) battery subsystem; 4) inverter subsystem.
- Perform electricity market and/or off-taker qualification testing as required for the project to commence commercial operations.
- 2-10+ years of Commissioning engineering experience
- Openness to working onsite with flights home every 4 weeks
- Demonstrated ability and interest in engineering design with the ability to write specifications and work plans for others to implement.
- Proven capability in managing contractors and working in a matrix organization on fast moving projects.
- Solid skills on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Available to start end of July or August
- Renewable or power generation industry experience
- Open to a contract to hire opportunity (not required)
- Experience managing teams of engineers or technicians in the electric power industry, or similar field.
- Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols such as: IEC60870-5-101/103/104, IEC 61850 MMS, DNP3 & Modbus.
- Working knowledge on PLC (Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC), soft logic IEC 61131, SEL Relays & Meters, Siemens Relays & Meters & SCADA Gateways & Data Concentrators.
- Experience with Managed Ethernet Switches, Media Converters (Fiber & Serial).
- Training or certification in business improvement processes (such as Six Sigma or Lean) or root cause analysis.
Compensation: Hourly Rate + Per Diem – Accommodations can be made for individuals who prefer working in the Northeast or CA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org