Works as part of the Test Services Engineering Team. The position requires: a broad range of expertise covering systems-level design and a good knack for mechanical concepts; ability to work with minimal supervision and to follow high-level directions; ability to complete assignments on time and with a high degree of accuracy; a positive attitude; and excellent troubleshooting skills. Every position plays an important role in sustaining a lean culture. A continuous improvement mindset is essential to reach the company’s goals. The term “continuous improvement” means incremental improvement of products, processes, or services over time, with the goal of reducing waste to improve workplace functionality, customer service, or product performance.
- Work with Engineering Manager in achieving departmental objectives.
- Conceptualize systems and perform detail design and integration.
- Lead or manage engineering projects as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Perform as integral part of the engineering team in design development of new test systems or other engineering projects that align with company’s business objectives.
- Support sales with requirements capture, quote and proposal development, customer calls, or other supporting engineering activities as deemed necessary.
- Develop specifications, test plans and other technical documentation related to the projects undertaken by the engineering group.
- Participate actively in all aspects of engineering group activities.
- Perform system-level design (i.e. top-level diagrams) for test stations and other projects undertaken by the engineering group.
- Peform hardware design (i.e. schematics & wire lists) and development for test stations, fixtures and other projects undertaken by the engineering group.
- Perform software design (i.e. write code, write test programs) and development for the test stations or other projects undertaken by engineering group.
- Perform software/hardware integration.
- Develop detailed test procedures including test configurations and test equipment requirements and compliance matrices.
- Stay abreast of current industry and competitive trends in technology.
- Develop new technology or solutions to achieve Ideal’s growth objectives.
- Compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably with exposure to the aerospace and military domains.
- Avionics experience highly desired.
- ATE development experience highly desired.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in at least two of the following programming languages/environments is required: C, LabWindows, TestStand or LabView.
- Experience with at least some of the following programming languages/technologies is desirable: C++, C#, Assembly languages, or database programming.
- Schematic capture experience with at least one of the following packages is required: Orcard or ViewDraw (ePD).
- Experience with configuration managment tools such as VSS or GIT is required.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as Bugzilla or JIRA is required.
- Familiarity with printed circuit board layout design is desired.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience is required.
- Hands-on software debugging experience is required.
- Hardware/software integration experience is required.
- Ability to work in a customer environment and interface directly with the customer is required.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and conflict management skills is required.
- Ability to work with multiple technical disciplines is required.
- Project Managment experience is desired.
- Some experience in RF design is desired.
- Experience with testing inertial components is desired.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or carry 45 lbs.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
- Ability to finger for typing.
- The position will require walking, standing, squatting, crouching, stooping, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, sitting, repetitive motion and kneeling
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com