At a project site level, the HR Director/Manager for Construction leads the implementation of HR strategy, policies and programs for all stages of the employee life cycle. This includes oversight of recruitment, selection, and management of craft and salaried personnel within a large and complex field environment for the purpose of effective project execution and joint venture effectiveness. Additionally, this position has oversight and accountability for all onboarding and ongoing development/training of the project site population, Employee Relations and all other HR operational activities.
This position reports functionally hard line to the Business Unit Human Resources Director and dotted line operationally to the sites Project Director. The position will partner with the project leadership team, including the site Construction Director, to accomplish the operational project goals.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 15 years of professional HR experience in a field construction environment, including prior experience in a people-leader role
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of human resources principles, practices, employment law and company procedures with specific knowledge and application of these functions in a field construction environment
- Establishes and maintains a strong collaborative working relationship with the regional recruiting team is Salt Lake City.
- Demonstrates leadership in companies core values: Safety, Ethics, & Teamwork
- Strong communication skills with both employees and management
- Experience working in a highly matrix organization
- Proactively leads team and others using real-time data
- Anticipatory in approach and proactively results-oriented
- Process orientation: implements solutions that support on-going improvement identifying and addressing root-cause of concerns or bottlenecks
- Ability to influence and build effective relationships
- Provides seasoned judgment and influences meaningful change
- Prefer a Bachelor degree or equivalent direct & relevant experience
- Serves as single point of contact to project senior management team and operates as a trusted business advisor by providing expert HR advice, counsel and problem resolutions
- Manages, develops, and motivates the project HR staff to effectively execute HR processes and programs that positively impact project performance.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- Recruitment strategy, processes, and facilities
- Hiring standards, processes, and execution
- Onboarding processes and execution
- Performance management processes and related leadership effectiveness
- Training and development strategy and programs
- Retention and engagement strategy and execution (includes labor relations understanding and counsel to minimize project disruption from local labor unions/agencies if applicable)
- Compensation and benefits strategy, analysis, programs, and execution
- Exit strategy, processes, and execution
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org