The Business Services Manager will oversee the Finance, Information Technology, Supply and Process Improvement & Business Excellence organizations. The Business Services Manager provides leadership, coaching, support, and mentors team members enabling them to safely and successfully meet departmental goals.
This role also mentors team members to operate in a manner consistent with company values. The position role also provides timely and accurate reporting for the various Business Services areas as required. The Business Services Manager also works with the General Manager and other peer Managers to determine the overall strategy and plans for the site.
Mine General Manager
(Key departments, External Groups)
- Mine Manager
- Processing Manager
- HSEC Manager
- HR Manager
- Corporate Finance Department
- Vendors and Contractors as required
People Reporting to this Position
(Name of Position):
- IT Senior Supervisor
- Supply Superintendent
- Process Improvement & Business Excellence Sr. Supervisor
- Manage and ensure all employees are working in compliance with all Mine and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Mine standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned.
- Provides leadership, expertise and direction for Departmental strategic direction, plans, budgets,
programs and projects.
- Ensures compliance with the relevant laws, regulations, standards and operating procedures, particularly in Business Conduct policies and procedures (anti-corruption, checks and balances, confidentiality).
- Spends appropriate time with team to ensure that critical controls for material risks are being correctly and uniformly applied and used.
- Establishes departmental performance expectations and provides the avenue on which to review performances, track against expectations and create actionable tasks to correct and or modify behaviors that do not meet performance needs.
- Engage and enable direct reports and team members to deliver against goals and targets.
- Ensures proper monitoring and auditing of regulatory and legal compliance.
- Acts as resource to managers to successfully provide timely services to support business needs.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Company’s Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
Current knowledge of state and federal laws, regulatory compliance and financial reporting.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Degree in Finance or Supply Chain Management, with understanding of information systems processes.
- SAP experience, particularly in Finance and/or Supply
- 3 or more years experience in a mining environment
- At least 5 years managing 8 to 12 direct reports in one or more areas of responsibility.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws, regulatory compliance and financial reporting.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, HSEC related databases).
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English
Mining environment although the majority of the work will be conducted in an office environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org